Observations from a trip to Orlando
1. There are many ways to define "appropriate clothing." (It's worse than you can imagine, and I was too stunned to use the camera.)
2. Don't bring children under the age of 5. Just don't.
3. Butter beer tastes like very sweet, melted (but cold) butterscotch. Wine is better.
4. Spiderman grabbed me, whispered "you're cute" in my ear and kissed my left cheek. A highlight.
5. People who have not read all the Harry Potter books at least twice should not be allowed in Diagon Alley or Hogsmeade. Movies do not count.
6. I had to explain the themes in Toon Lagoon (Dudley Do-Right, Popeye, Blondie) to several people under the age of 40.
7. I realize that bikinis are sold in all sizes, but they probably shouldn't be.8. Methodist teens are here, attending their "conference" at a Marriott Hotel resort. I prefer the Baptist way – toughen up the kids with m
etal bunk beds, heat and mosquitoes.
9. What are the odds that we'd be sitting with a couple from England on the train to Hogsmeade?
10. Sometimes, the wildest ride is the one in the shuttle on the way back to the hotel. I'm serious.